Archive for April 2009
Just checked my email and lo and behold there is a email from a Cyril Vanier dated ___ April and I only got it now ..
I wonder how he got on, horns in the head stuff and all but I have done as asked ……
Show quoted text –
On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 4:56 PM, VANIER Cyril <email@example.com> wrote:
From: The Minster for the Arts, Sport and Tourism.
To: The Taoiseach’s .
Just a quick note on arrangements for the nude portraits. Don’t worry there is absolutely no danger of them falling into the wrong hands. As soon as the garda investigation is complete, the pictures will handed over to personnel from my department who have many years of experience in transporting priceless works of art. They will be taken under Army escort to a secret location, late at night, and destroyed in the presence of two independent clergymen.
I can also assure you that increased security is now in place in all the main galleries to prevent a recurrence of this regrettable episode. In fact, we had a brief emergency at the National gallery, only yesterday after receiving reports that a nude portrait with your likeness had been found in the Italian Room. Luckily it was a false alarm. On inspection, the offending figure turned out to be a cherub in Botticelli’s masterpiece, the Madonna and Child. But staff remain on high alert.
That’s a blog i have just happened across, see what you make of it.
Or How we blew the Boom.
2 Budgets within six months isn’t good and here is Brian Cowen to explain —
There you have it Budget 2009 and it’s nasty. Basically loads of cuts and more taxes.
- The halving of the childcare allowance and it’s scraping by the end of the year.
- Children’s allowance to be means tested from next year on.
- Income Levies doubled 2% @ €15,000, 4% @ €75,000 and 6% @ €175,000.
- Jobseekers allowance to be halved for under 20’s.
- Health levies increased and employee prsi ceiling raised to €75,000
- Mortgage interest relief is to be of seven years duration only.
- No “Christmas Bonus” this year and possible reduction in social welfare rates in future years.
- no way cent on a packet of cigarettes and 5 cent on a litre of diesel.
There is no solutions on how to put the economy on track and get people working again. It’s a “batten down the hatches” budget and its very anti-people and lacking in idea’s.
Here some of my earlier postings.